This past February, Artisan surveyed 200 retail executives. Respondents were responsible for the mobile marketing and/or mobile commerce strategy within their organizations. Today, we released the results of this research, which show the importance of mobile apps in retail marketing and mobile commerce, in addition to retailers’ mobile growth intentions for 2013. Highlights from the survey include:
- 56% of respondents plan on putting more resources into developing and implementing their mobile marketing/commerce strategies in 2013 than they did in 2012
- 84% of respondents strongly agree or agree that they expect to see mobile commerce grow at a faster rate in their organization than online commerce did
- 71% of respondents strongly agree or agree that native mobile apps will become the single most important touch point for engaging with their consumers in the next 1-3 years
- 72% of respondents strongly agree or agree that investing in a native mobile app experience is one of their top three priorities in 2013
- 66% of respondents strongly agree or agree that enhancing a native mobile app is more important that enhancing a mobile optimized website
For complete survey results, view our press release here.